Happy new year! When in Rome, oh pardon me, when in PHUKET, do like the islanders do. Here are some things you might not know about this beloved island:
- Phuket was actually called “Talang” and previously well known to European explorer for its natural resources such as tin.
- It has an island’s motto and it is: “Pearl of the Andaman Sea. Southern paradise. Golden sand. Two heroines. Virtues of Luang Phor Cham”.
- Phuket’s signature flower is Bougainvillea.
- And its signature fruit is pineapple. Yummy!
- The city also hosts boat sailing competition on December 5th annually and literally people around the world participate on the competition so you might wanna save the date to witness the extraordinary event.